HSV’s liaison officers‘ information on finding an official HSV fan-club
Hello fans of HSV,
first of all, many thanks for your interest in finding an official HSV fan-club. We welcome you warmly. Following below, you will find all information being necessary for registering yourselves as an official fan club of HSV.
Please send your registration form only by e-mail to email@example.com.
Why establish an OFC?
• Take an active part in fan culture and club life at HSV
• It is much more fun to follow your hobby "HSV" in a group than on your own
• More lobby in the club since the community is stronger
• More direct support from the club
• It is cheaper to travel as a group to matches than on your own
• You are a group of HSV fans that would like to organise a fan club
• You choose a date to meet and realise your plan
• You look for a place to meet; here it is advisable to choose the club house "to be"
• Now you have two possibilites:
1. you would like to establish an OFC with your best friends to begin with; meet in a small circle and start off your OFC with a small but possibly growing number. It’s not about mass but class!
2. You get together a group as large as possible, asking everybody that might be interested including friends, family, acquaintances, neighbours, colleagues,… If necessary, we support you with the organisation of a first meeting.
The first meeting
• Generally, there is always at least one person in every group that presses ahead the foundation of an OFC and who organises all necessary arrangements. This person or the one best suitable for the job then should take over the control of the meeting.
• To make the meeting more professional, first of all decide on a keeper of the minutes who might also be the secretary of the club later on
• Organise an attendance list, it might be helpful later on
• Talk about your aims and objectives for the club. There are no guidelines for this. The main thing is fun, everything about HSV and being together
• It is always helpful to write down your aims and objectives in the form of a constitution. It’s up to you if this is taken down in a very formal way or if it’s not taken down at all. Your constitution is only for your own use, it is not a duty we oppose on you.
• Once you have agreed on a constitution you should move on to elections. Here it is advisable to elect a steering committee made up of three people: a chairman, his / her deputy and a treasurer. If necessary, you can also elect a secretary, a kit guard, a tour manager, etc., just about everything you can think of. Just make sure not to give the power of decision to too many people since this will only complicate matters unnecessarily. Also, an uneven number of members of the steering committee simplifies a lot of decisions.
• Once all positions have been allocated there are only two more things to do. First, you have to find a name for your fan club. Please remember that your name might be dismissed by us if it is too close or similar to one of an already existing fan club or if it has an extremist note in any way.
Second and finally, you have to fill out the registration form and send it back to us. It is very important that you fill out the form fully. Also, the members’ list has to be complete or we cannot process your application.
Requirements for registering as an official fan club
• Your fan club must consist of at least six members
• Every official fan club must announce a mandatory contact person or president with his or her current contact details as well as an official fan club’s e-mail address. Also, at the start of every new season, the official fan club has to send to us an updated list of all of its fan-club members. All membership list data is for internal use only (e.g. verification of the fan club’s ticketing orders)
• Acceptance of HSV’s merits and attitudes (e.g. cosmopolitanism, tolerance, no toleration of racism and/or discrimination of any kind)
Fees for an official fan club
• On every July 1st of every year, an official fan club’s annual fee of € 25,00 is due that covers the entire up-coming season. The foundation fee is € 25,00.
• Official fan clubs outside Germany are exempt from paying the annual fee
• The annual fee is due within four weeks and latest at the beginning of a new season. It has to be paid into the specified bank account.
• Non-payment within the deadline will result in denial and cancellation of the official fan club’s status
• Bank account details for the fee are as follows:
Recipient: HSV Fußball AG
Amount due: € 25,00
Reference: the fan club’s name, its registration-no., season…(e.g. 19/20)
Benefits received from HSV
After registration of your fan club at HSV the following benefits are available to you:
• An OFC pennant
• OFC certificate that will be presented at one of your quarterly OFC meetings (alternatively send out by post)
• Regular OCF circular (at the moment only available in German) with current information about the club
• Pre-emption for tickets to all HSV home and away matches
• Give-aways for your events, for example tournaments, raffles, parties, etc. – subject to arrangement and availability (once a year)
• Publication of your fan club’s concerns and ideas in HSV LIVE, the supporters news or the OFC circular
• The right to produce articles with the HSV logo, as long as it’s immediately linked with the name and/or logo of your fan club; these articles may only be used for internal fan club use
• As OFC you receive a 10% discount on orders of official HSV merchandise. Please send your order to the following address: HSV-Fußball-AG, Sylvesterallee 7, 22525 Hamburg, Germany – or E-Mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
Duties of the OFC
Next to the benefits we make available to you, the following rules apply to you and your fan club which must be obeyed to in order to work together successfully in the future:
• A full list of all members of your fan club must be sent to the Fanbetreuung of HSV. Also, all changes of your members’ data (new entries or exits) must be reported in a timely manner. Every year, a full and current list of your members must be sent to the Fanbetreuung at the 1st of July. All data is for internal use only. No data will be passed on to third parties.
• As OFC you are also representatives of HSV in public. Please keep this in mind in all your actions and always try to support the reputation of HSV.
A violation of the rules can result in the denial of the status as OFC.
After we have received and checked your fully filled out registration form and members’ list, you will receive your welcome package and your OFC number. This number is important for all further processes. Your OFC certificate will be presented to you at your next OFC meeting or, if wanted, sent by post.
For further questions please do not hesitate to contact us. Our contact details are on the first page of the information sheet.
HSV Fußball AG
Nicole Fister, Cornelius Göbel (Management),
Andreas Witt, Dr. André Fischer
Contact for fan clubs
HSV Service Center
Questions about membership , ticketing etc.