Skip navigation

(Kopie 5)

HSV beat Bielefeld 3-0 with a goal from Holtby and a Lasogga brace

Match Report


HSV beat Bielefeld 3-0 with a goal from Holtby and a Lasogga brace

HSV defeat Bielefeld at home 3-0 on matchday three. The goals from Die Rothosen came courtesy of Lewis Holtby and Pierre-Michel Lasogga.

Hamburger SV recorded their first home league win of this campaign in their third game. Die Rothosen won 3-0 against DSC Arminia Bielefeld on Monday evening. Christian Titz’s team took the lead in the 9th minute in front of 46,934 spectators. After a shaky start to the second half, HSV gained some ascendancy and were rewarded with a goal from Pierre-Michel Lasogga in the 76th minute. The game was put to bed when Lasogga added his second from the penalty spot as HSV ended up deserved 3-0 winners.

Holtby’s opener…

Monday evening games are very unfamiliar to HSV fans but they accepted the situation and created a great atmosphere under the floodlights. Christian Titz could build his team around his captain again as Aaron Hunt returned from a calf injury to join attacking quartet Narey, Holtby, Ito and Lasogga in the starting line up. This attacking force gave HSV lots of impetus at the beginning of the first half and played a part in the early opening goal. Narey challenged for a corner in the 9th minute after a flick by Lasogga and Holtby headed home to give HSV an early 1-0 lead. A dream start! Even in the moments after the goal, Die Rothosen controlled the game, however the visitors did not get disheartened by the early goal despite not being able to conjure up much of an attacking threat. In the first half hour, the only threat to Pollersbeck’s goal was via set pieces as HSV did not allow much through at the back. Die Rothosen were sometimes the architects of their own downfall with the occasional misplaced pass in dangerous situations when Voglsammer had a great chance to score in front of a near-open goal, however Pollersbeck was there to make the stop. The HSV number one also pulled off a great save to deny Hatherz from a free kick, meaning Die Rothosen went into the break with the lead.

…and Lasogga’s decider

Titz changed things up in the second half with Janjicic replacing Ito and playing alongside Mangala in midfield, as one of two holding midfielders. This was an attempt by the head coach to introduce some stability after encountering a few problems at the end of the first half. This stability was only found after a period of pressure from Bielefeld in the first fifteen minutes of the second half. At around the 60 minute mark, HSV started to gain a grip on the game and were able to put pressure in attacking areas. Narey was central to the attacking presence, as the winger was often difficult to stop, but luck was not on his side in front of goal. On the other hand, fellow forward Lasogga decided the game for his team. Firstly, he was in the position where all strikers should be, to make it 2-0 after good work between Mangala and Hunt. He then made it 3-0 with a penalty in the final minute of the game.  A well deserved result for Christian Titz’s team after a strong performance, against an Arminia side that made it a close game between the 30th and 60th minute. At the end of the match, die Rothosen asserted their attacking prowess to send the fans home happy. Monday evenings can sometimes be fun.

Match overview:

Hamburger SV: Pollersbeck - Sakai (78’ David), Bates, van Drongelen, Santos -  Mangala - Narey, Hunt (82’ Moritz), Holtby, Ito (46’ Janjicic) - Lasogga

Arminia Bielefeld: Ortega - Schütz (72’ Clauss), Börner, Behrendt, Hartherz - Edmundsson, Prietl, Seufert (86‘ Christiansen), Staude - Voglsammer (59‘ Schipplock), Klos

Goals: 1-0 Holtby (9‘), 2-0 Lasogga (76‘), 3-0 Lasogga (88‘)

Attendance: 46,934

Referee: Arne Aarnink (Nordhorn)

Yellow cards: Mangala (21‘) / Edmundsson (62‘)

Yellow-red cards: - / -

Red cards: - / -