match report


HSV win 3-1 in Aue thanks to strong second half

HSV come away with a 3-1 away win in Aue thanks to goals from Pierre-Michel Lasogga, Khaled Narey and Bakery Jatta. Clemens Fandrich got the equaliser for the home side to make the score 1-1.

Hamburger SV claimed a 3-1 away win over FC Erzgebirge Aue on Matchday 13. The Erzgebirgesstadion was completely sold out as 16,000 fans packed into the stadium on Saturday afternoon. HSV made the better start and took the lead through Pierre-Michel Lasogga in the 21st minute. However, Clemens Fandrich equalised only a few seconds after the restart. Khaled Narey missed a huge chance to put the away side ahead five minutes before the break but he somehow managed to miss an open net from a few yards out. The away side stepped it up in the second half and put themselves in control by scoring two quick-fire goals via Narey and Bakery Jatta, which was his first goal for the club. Hannes Wolf’s team managed to see out the remainder of the game and restrict the home side to no real chances as HSV go into the winter break as league leaders.

Missed chance to lead at the break…

Hannes Wolf did not make any changes from the team that beat 1. FC Köln on Monday. Therefore Léo Lacroix kept his place despite David Bates being available after serving his one-match suspension. The defender showed that he could be a threat at the other end of the pitch with his header going just over in the fourth minute. This also set the trend of the game that HSV would be the team providing the attacking threat.

The pressure on the Aue goal paid off in the 21st minute as Lasogga carried on his hot streak to put Die Rothosen 1-0 up. However the joy was short-lived as the home side equalised seconds after the restart with a good strike from Fandrich. HSV should have been 2-1 up at the break but Narey somehow failed to put the ball in the net from a matter of yards with a simple header. HSV would have deserved to have gone into the break with the lead but instead went in with the score at 1-1.

…two quick goals in the second half

The visitors went searching for the lead they deserved as soon as the second half started. Hunt & Co. took the initiative from the moment the whistle went as Arp had a chance to score before Narey managed to find the back of the net. HSV’s winger punished the home side for a misplaced pass just past the hour mark with a great strike into the top corner from outside the area.

The net rippled again shortly after, but this time it was the back of the Aue net. Jatta had only been on the pitch for four minutes before he scored his first professional goal to make give HSV a two-goal lead. Erzgebirge Aue did not give up on getting back into the game but they came up against an organised HSV defence who did not let them have any clear-cut chances. HSV also had the chances to extend their lead through Jatta and Sakai as they looked to counter attack at every possible opportunity. Despite this, there were no more goals for either side as HSV recorded their fifth away win in six away games as they tightened their grip on top spot in the table.

Match overview:

FC Erzgebirge Aue: Haas - Cacutalua, S. Breitkreuz, Rapp - Rizzuto (72‘ Kvesic), Fandrich (76‘ Bertram), Riese, Kempe - Hochscheidt - Testroet (72’ Herrmann), Nazarov

Hamburger SV: Pollersbeck - Sakai, Lacroix, van Drongelen, Santos -  Mangala (86’ Moritz) - Narey (64’ Jatta), Hunt (76’ Bates), Holtby, Arp - Lasogga

Goals: 0-1 Lasogga (21’), 1-1 Fandrich (23’), 1-2 Narey (63’), 1-3 Jatta (68’)

Attendance: 16.000

Referee: Johan Pfeifer (Heusenstamm)

Yellow cards: Rizutto (5’) / Hunt (31’), Mangala (58’)

Yellow-red cards: -

Red cards: -