Match Report


1:1 - HSV and FCK draw at the Volkspark

In front of 57,000 spectators in the sold-out Volksparkstadion, HSV and 1. FC Kaiserslautern parted with a draw in the big traditional duel of the 11th matchday.

Hamburger SV drew 1-1 with 1. FC Kaiserslautern in the top match of the 2nd division on Saturday. In front of 57,000 spectators in the sold-out Volksparkstadion, Robert Glatzel had given HSV the lead (24th), for FCK Lex Lobinger equalised in the second half (82nd). It was annoying for HSV, who missed a penalty shortly before the 1:1 equaliser and thus missed the 2:0 lead in an exciting and atmospheric evening of football. The result was the first draw of the season for the Rothosen on matchday 11 against the strong promoted team from the Palatinate, whereas the Lauterians set a new record and drew for the sixth time in a row.

Glatzel again and again ...

HSV coach Tim Walter had to do without Tim Leibold (muscular problems) and keeper Heuer Fernandes (stomach bug) at short notice. Raab, who was making his HSV debut against his old club, was therefore in goal for the Red Shorts. However, the Hamburg goalkeeper did not have much to do at the beginning, because FCK decided to focus on securing their own goal first. For this purpose, the Palatinate team operated with a five-man defensive chain when Hamburg had possession of the ball and, due to this tactical approach, did not allow much against the league leader, even though HSV had the majority of possession. Up front, the Red Devils rotated two men, Redondo and Boyd, each of whom had a good shot on goal in the first half, but without putting former colleague Raab in danger, because after Boyd had headed too high (19th), Redondo aimed past on the left (44th). And in between? HSV impressed with a few good ball sequences, but above all with their efficiency. The best, because actually the only real scoring chance of the first half was used by top striker Glatzel to score his seventh goal of the season and to make it 1:0, when he once again stood in the right place after a sharp Kittel cross and put HSV in the lead (24th).

... and missed the decisive goal

After the second half, however, the lead was seriously threatened. Immediately after the restart, Heyer slipped away in his own half, opening the way for Lautern's top scorer Boyd, but he failed to clear the ball past Raab, who made a sensational save with his foot and shortly afterwards drove Redondo up the wall for the second time. Raab's saves also seemed to make his front men stronger again, and from the middle of the second half onwards they acted more clearly, became more dangerous and, with a quarter of an hour to go, Glatzel and substitute Königsdörffer had the 2-0 lead on their heads and feet twice. Kittel, however, could have scored it in the 81st minute when he was called for a foul penalty on Reis - but FCK goalkeeper Luthe guessed the corner and, with his save, initiated the counter-attack, which Lobinger was able to put into the net with his long foot in the 82nd minute to make it 1:1. 53 seconds between the game-deciding 2:0 and the equalising 1:1 - that's how close joy and sorrow sometimes are in football. The fans in the sold-out Volksparkstadion nevertheless celebrated their team, which remained unbeaten for the sixth time in a row with the first draw of the season and continues to greet from the top of the table after a highly exciting evening of football.

Match Summary

Hamburger SV: Raab - Heyer, Vuskovic, Schonlau, Muheim - Reis, Meffert, Benes (85. Suhonen) - Jatta (71. Königsdörffer), Glatzel, Kittel (85. Amaechi)

1. FC Kaiserslautern: Luthe - Durm (76. Opoku), Tomiak, Bormuth, Kraus, Zuck - Niehues, Ritter, Klement - Redondo (86. Zimmer), Boyd (66. Lobinger)

Goals: 1:0 Glatzel (24.), 1:1 Lobinger (82.)

Attendance: 57.000 (ausverkauft

Referee: Robert Hartmann (Wangen)

Yellow Cards: - / -

Yellow-Red Cards: - / -

Red Cards: - / -