Match Report


3:0! HSV with confident win over Ingolstadt

Faride Alidou (13.) and Bakery Jatta (39.) scored against Die Schanzer before the break. Manuel Wintzheimer topped it off just before the end (89.). 

HSV claim their second home win in a row. After the success against Regensburg (4:1) last weekend, the Rothosen beat FC Ingolstadt 3:0 (2:0) on Sunday (28 November) at the Volksparkstadion. The 19,937 spectators saw a very relaxed host side, who took a 1-0 lead after just 13 minutes through Faride Alidou. After further good opportunities, Bakery Jatta finally scored shortly before the break to make it 2:0 (39.). In the second half, Walter's team failed to close the deal early on, but substitute Manuel Wintzheimer scored the final goal one minute before the end (89th). With the home victory and the 12th unbeaten game in a row, the Reds moved up to 5th place in the table.

Early HSV lead...

HSV coach Tim Walter relied on the same team against the "Schanzer" that had won 4:1 against Regensburg the week before and had shown a great game. And against Ingolstadt, too, the Red shorts started offensively, with Kittel firing the first serious warning shot in the fifth minute against the visitors, who started high and were in man-to-man defence all over the pitch. And it was Hamburg's form player who, after a quarter of an hour, served Alidou, who had started on the left, and who then crowned his wonderful individual performance with the early 1:0. So from HSV's point of view, the start had gone according to plan, but against Ingolstadt, who were mainly lurking on the counterattack, it was not easy for the Reds to find the decisive gaps in the offensive. Nevertheless, they managed to create a few good opportunities. Almost always in the centre of attention: right-winger Jatta, who could well have been awarded a handball penalty in a duel with Preißinger and also twice missed extending the lead from very promising positions. But HSV kept the ball - and so did Jatta. The Gambian was rewarded for his persistence shortly before the break when he headed a Kittel corner kick over the line from close range to make it 2-0 and thus ensure a fair half-time score.

... and deserved home victory

After the second half, HSV remained the dominant team. Although FCI tried to push forward a bit more, the hosts had control of the game and the clear chances to score, and Reis had the third goal on his feet immediately after the restart. The game remained hot, but in addition to the offensive, the defence also did its job reliably. And if a ball did slip through, it was at the latest with keeper Johansson, who remained faultless on the line and kept the score level in this game. And this game should have been over with a quarter of an hour to go at the latest, but a few minutes after each other Alidou and Heyer missed the almost empty goal in a curious way from close range and thus missed the early decision. The decision was made in the final minute when the substitute trio of Meißner, Suhonen and Wintzheimer scored a wonderful 3-0 goal to put the lid on the game after Ingolstadt had hit a crossbar. And so the Rothosen struck an unchallenged and deserved home victory against the bottom team and climbed up to 4th place in the table. A wonderful end to the double home game week.

Match Summary

Hamburger SV: Johansson - Heyer, Vuskovic, Schonlau, Muheim - Meffert - Reis (85.Kinsombi), Kittel (85.Suhonen) - Jatta (73.Meißner), Glatzel (79.Kaufmann), Alidou (73.Wintzheimer)

FC Ingolstadt: Buntic - Antonitsch, Preißinger, Kotzke - Heinloth (60.Neuberger), Keller (60.Linsmayer), Gaus (60.Franke) - Gebauer, Stendera (84.Kaya) - Röseler, Beister (46.Butler)

Goals: 1:0 Alidou (12.), 2:0 Jatta (39.), 3:0 Wintzheimer (89.)

Attendence: 19.937

Referee: Timo Gerach (Landau)

Yellow Card: - / -

Yellow - Red Card: - / -

Red Card: - / -