Match Report


4:0 - HSV with convincing win over Aue

HSV won their rearranged match against FC Erzgebirge Aue convincingly with 4:0. Glatzel, Kittel, Heyer and Reis scored the goals for a deserved home victory.

Hamburger SV won their home match against FC Erzgebirge Aue 4:0 (2:0) on Tuesday (5 April). In the rearranged game of the 26th matchday, Robert Glatzel gave the Red Shorts a 1:0 lead as early as the 14th minute, which Sonny Kittel had set up perfectly for him. Kittel himself added the 2:0 before half-time when he scored with a direct free-kick at the break. Moritz Heyer made it 3-0 a quarter of an hour before the end and Ludovit Reis scored the final goal in the 83rd minute to end a game that HSV deserved to win.

Early lead...

HSV coach Tim Walter changed his team in two positions compared to the Paderborn game on Saturday. Vagnoman replaced Muheim at left back in the back four and the injured Alidou was replaced by Rohr. And after a quarter of an hour, he initiated the attack with an opening pass, which gave the Hamburg team the early 1:0 with a Glatzel header after a buttery Kittel cross. A perfect start for HSV against deep-lying Auer, who in turn relied on quick counter-attacks and were thus able to hint at their danger in the transition game in the first few minutes. Nevertheless, Hamburg's lead was certainly justified, as Walter's team was dominant, dominated the game and continued to be greedy even after the opening goal. Kittel & Co. pressed early, forced many Auer ball losses and created their own chances. Reis was the closest to a 2:0 after just under half an hour, which would have already reflected the course of the game at this point, despite isolated Auer attacks and finishes. The fact that it actually came about before the break was thanks to free-kick specialist Kittel. He rewarded his team for a spirited performance, which had only lacked precision in the final third, and let the ball flutter into the net from 25 metres for 2-0 almost at the half-time whistle.

... and dominant home victor

After the change of ends, the visitors came out of the dressing room much more aggressive, made life more difficult for HSV with their now very physical play and also brought new momentum into the game after an hour with a three-man change. The game became more balanced in the second period, but the Hamburg team still had the majority of goalmouth actions. Glatzel could have scored twice, but was not lucky in the middle of the second half, and in some scenes the last pass did not find its addressee. Thus, the two-goal lead remained until the final phase, which was not seriously threatened due to a very concentrated defensive performance by the Rothosen. As the game progressed, Hamburg let the ball and their opponents run, tired out the Auer and then struck ice-cold. Heyer successfully completed the longest phase of possession, including the most beautiful move of the day, a quarter of an hour before the end, scoring the 3:0 and thus putting the lid on a game to which Reis added the icing on the cake shortly before the end in the form of the 4:0. It was the deserved reward for a committed and patient performance against tough visitors who first had to be broken down and tired. The Walter men solved this task with bravura and thus achieved a deserved home victory.

Match Summary

Hamburger SV: Heuer Fernandes - Vagnoman, Schonlau, Vuskovic, Heyer - Rohr (65. Suhonen), Meffert (87. David), Reis (87. Kinsombi) - Kittel, Glatzel (79. Kaufmann), Jatta (79. Chakvetadze)

FC Erzgebirge Aue: Männel - Barylla, Carlson, Gonther, Strauß (60. Baumgart) - Schreck (76. Cacutalua), Messeguem (60. Fandrich) - Jonjic, Nazaorv, Majetschak (84. Lang) - Trujic (60. Hochscheidt)

Goals: 1:0 Glatzel (14.), 2:0 Kittel (45.+1.), 3:0 Heyer (75.), 4:0 Reis (83.)

Attendance: 21.890

Referee: Dr. Arne Aarnink (Nordhorn)

Yellow Card: - / Strauß (48.)

Yellow - Red Cards: - / -

Red Cards: - / -